[AT] fuel Fitting identification

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Thu Aug 2 18:24:52 PDT 2007

Does anyone know the name or style of fitting that uses a rubber tube that
fits over the tube and is compressed with a metal male fitting into a bore?
To be a little clearer this is a fitting that is used on the diesel fuel
line out of the lift pump and into the primary filter (among other places)
on the fuel system of the AC 170.  I got some of these rubber sleeves (tubes
about 1/2 " long from the dealer and they do not seem to fit tightly over
the 1/4" tubing that fits the metal male part.  Clearance is about .030" by
estimate.  The old ones seem to fit tightly, but don't know if that is
correct either.  Any comments, especially if I could identify the maker's
series would be appreciated.

I have been monkeying around with this simple pump replacement for about 3
weeks now and every thing I do seems to require another little part - or I
receive the work part and it has to be exchanged.  I even had to buy an open
end 7/16 wrench that has a 60 degree angle to get one of the pump's mounting
nuts off the stud.
Thanks
Carl Gogol
Manlius, NY