[AT] And Now For Something Different - A Tractor Problem

rasmith4 at juno.com rasmith4 at juno.com
Fri Apr 20 04:37:42 PDT 2007

Nope.  Well, sort of a qualified Nope.

We tented the beast adn applied heat.  Once it warmed up all worked
perfect.  Let it get cold and it doesn't work again.

Has to be water in the hydraulic system which freezes and causes the
problem.  The  problem is that both the steering and the clutch are
hydraulic.  Thus at below freezing temps neither works.

Last fall we drained the hyd sys and replaced the fluid and filters
but that did not solve the problem.  This summer we will have to drain
it again and perhaps flush it with some Kero.  A rather expensive
solution as it takes either 20 or 25 gal of hyd oil.

Richard
In Central NY

-- Greg Hass <gkhass at avci.net> wrote:

Just curious, but sometimes it is nice to know "the rest of the
story".  Back in Feb. you were having trouble with the steering etc. on
the
1086 you had on a snow blower. I was just wondering if you ever found the
source of the problem?
Greg Hass
Michigan