[AT] vicks on feet

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Fri Apr 27 17:55:42 PDT 2007

Jim,

Around here folks use a bar of dove soap under the covers at the foot of
their bed to stop "restless leg syndrome".  I know I laughed too but Lynn
tried it and she swears it works.  By the way she is the clinical lab
manager in a 350 bed hospital so she's not prone to witch craft medicine or
anything.

Anyway since she swears by the Dove soap I  decided to try the vicks in the
socks.  I agree it does seem to work.  I'm one of those folks that feel the
need to understand why things work and here is what if figured out.  The
stuff is on your feet and covered by your socks which act as a wick of
sorts.  The fumes slowly wick out of the socks and work their way up under
the covers where they come out near your nose.  I suspect it would  work
more quickly on kids and other short people since their toes are closer to
their nose.

Charlie