[AT] OT -- Fort Knox & gold

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Fri Apr 27 14:57:43 PDT 2007

Well here I go taking this thread off into the fantasy world.  However, I
figure what I saw on TV might have had some basis in fact.  There was an
episode of Gunsmoke that I saw recently on TV Land.  Some fellow stole a
load of Gold from the Union Calvary during the Civil War.  They were pretty
upset when they tried to split it up and found out it had been cast in one
big block and alloyed with some other, hard metal to make it hard to dispose
of if Stolen.

Of course Marshall Dillon brought them to justice.

Charlie