[Steam-engine] Reverser lever

Jeff Smith steamenginesmitty at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 09:28:22 PDT 2007

Rick,

I would like to add to what Francis has stated below.
The lever can be moved after the engine is in motion
and up to speed.  The valve cuts off the amount of
steam as he stated, the part that I am adding is that
the engine now is using the expansion power of the
steam at the operating pressure to move the piston so
the valve can make a shorter stroke to let less steam
in the cylinder.

Jeff