[AT] Way OT Computer Virus question

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sat Apr 14 09:31:35 PDT 2007

Hi Phil,

I'm running all of that stuff as well as Zone Alarm Pro with it's
anti-spyware turned on.  Even with all of that and with AVG running auto
update every morning I still managed to get in this jam.  Admittedly I
actually allowed the virus file myself by accident.

I'm  certain I was running a bot for someone for a while.  I think the bot
adjusted Zone Alarm to allow it to operate.  I'm running a new version of
Zone Alarm now and for the last few days it's stopped several attempts to
get into my system.

Every virus scan I run comes up clean but I still worry that there is a bot
running in my system.   It particularly worries me because I do some online
banking and bill  paying.

I read on the internet that there is currently a turf war going on in the
bot business.  I think I got caught in a crossfire.  LOL

Charlie