[AT] Was: Super A waterpump; Now: Cores

Larry D Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sat Apr 14 07:37:10 PDT 2007

Humm.  Then where does Jasper Engines & Transmissions get their rebuildable
equipment?  And how come store clerks inspect brake shoes to make sure they
haven't been scored  by the drums because of wearing through the lining?

The last time I toured Jasper Engine, there were a couple of pretty
good-sized rooms devoted to nothing but disassembly of trade-in engines and
transmissions.

On some of the Yahoo tractor lists, there are service companies soliciting
carburetors to be rebuilt regardless of condition.  Dealerships that do
warrantee service have the obligation to the manufacturer to collect, tag,
and retain the core in case the company needs to inspect it to determine why
it failed or if something happened to the part or assembly because of the
owner's misuse.  I have personally witnessed Bush Hog having the frame for
an 8-foot rear blade returned to the factory for inspection because it
appeared to be welded crooked, and Briggs & Stratton had us send back a
22-horse V-twin engine (the whole engine) after five years of fussing with
it under warrantee servicing to get it to stop blowing white smoke.

JM2CW.  YMMV.

Larry