[AT] Transmission for tractor hauling truck

Mike Maynard mmaynard at rochester.rr.com
Wed Apr 4 17:58:11 PDT 2007

a TH400 to TH700R4 swap is pretty easy.  I did one in my 86 blazer last
year.  Everything will bolt up fine on the engine side, but you will
need a different input shaft and adapter plate for the transfer case.
You will also need a way to connect the TV cable to the throttle
linkage, as well as a way of wiring the Torque Coverter lockup.

I assume this is a full size truck with the v6?  Either way, I suspect
that once it hits overdrive, the possible gearing that the axles have,
are really gonna dog the engine down when towing.  Honestly, the direct
drive of the TH400 is probably better suited for the application.

Mike