[AT] Impulse bidding on eBay

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sun Apr 1 16:52:35 PDT 2007

Well, I can't tell whether I'm relieved or sorry that I didn't win this
auction on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260101080531

Having just last Fall indulged my completely impractical desire to have a
tractor, I periodically search eBay for "Farmall M" and scan through the
miscellaneous parts for sale.  I'm not looking for anything in particular
right now, just seeing what's out there.  So today not only did I see some
parts but I saw this completely fine looking late Super M, very much like
the one I used to have only nicer, darn near perfect.  And it was for sale
in Indiana, not too far of a haul, and relatively close to where I'd bought
that other Super M about a dozen years ago.  And the auction was ending
about an hour from when I first happened to see it.

So I bid, a lot, but somebody else wanted it more than me.  Just as well I
suppose, since it'll still be some years before I've got any land on which
to use the tractor, and the 1950 M in my garage is just fine for the
tinkering and gradual fix-up I enjoy doing in the meantime.  And of course
there's the considerable issue of what else would have to fall out of the
budget to make up for another purchase right now.  But that was one
sweet-looking Super M.  Wish I'd bid a little more.

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net