[AT] Where are the machinists?

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Thu Sep 28 08:54:18 PDT 2006

I like that article, I started out as a  machinist in the Navy went to school
and worked on the ship in the machine shop  to make parts for the ship that
were hard to get or next to impossible.  We  had to learn the hard way sometime
to replicate a piece for the ship. I have  great respect for those who work
in little shops around the country at lower  than average wages making parts
for hard to find items.
The last time I  worked as a machinist was in 1966, I was working in a small
shop on the  Sacramento River on a farm. We made tree shakers, they were of
the best quality  in the business but farmers were more interested in price than
quality so it  went belly up.
Walt Davies