[AT] tractor pulling----old style

Kevin ironman1962 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 26 19:15:15 PDT 2006

No doubt about it Charlie (a Ford F100 with an inline 6
and manual transmission.  It had overload springs on the rear <>Chevy with a
big block engine and dragged the man
all over the yard.
Reminds me of when I had a 65 valiant slant 6 an some chevy boys were
braggin up a 69 SS camaro 427. Anyways I bet $50 on best 2 out of 3 for 3
telephone poles, little less tha 1/8 mi
Went home and stuck a 4.56 gear in and 3 hours later had the  50 in my
pocket.
It only took one run and they didnt want to try again.
Weight works both ways
Tractor reference i traded the old car for a Silver King tractor, wish I
still had the old tractor. It would get up and fly down the road Dangerously
fast for an old tractor.
Kevin