[AT] tractor wreck

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Sep 24 06:40:18 PDT 2006

Hi John,

Sorry to hear about your  friend.  I hope his condition improves soon.

I think you are correct about the problem.  I grew up on a farm and have
been on and around tractors all my life and know how slow they are.
However, I have personally run up on tractors on the highway and overtaken
them much faster than I thought I would.  Even knowing the difference in
speed it's still hard to adjust, hard to realize how fast you overtake them.
In many places tractors just don't run out on the highway.  I can see some
tired trucker making that error in judgement when he is just not used to
that much speed differential.

My best to your friend.

Charlie