[Ford-ferguson] Re: Problem with 601 Workmaster

Jason DeJoode jldejoode at highstream.net
Sat Sep 23 11:45:22 PDT 2006

Even with new points, when installing it's good to clean the contacts with
rubbing alcohol, or some other safe solvent.  Then take a new dollar bill
and run it between the contacts to make them nice and shiny.

Just passing along some advice that Neil Yerigan, a list member who has
passed on, told me a long time ago. He said if the points aren't perfectly
clean when installed, the electricity goes through the contacts in spots and
burns the point up faster.

Jason
Eagan, MN