[AT] OT - Spyware problems

Larry Mason lcmason at uslink.net
Sun Sep 17 20:39:17 PDT 2006

You know, this gets sort of tiresome. This is just a stupid comment. I 've
held off on attacks on IE for a long time ,but saying never to use it to
browse the web is just stupid.  In the last 20 years, I have had 1
virus(quickly and easily cleaned up) and no viruses  in the last 5 years..
If you have a virus checker(Mcafee or Norton) and a spamware
checker(ad-aware or spybot) you won't have any problems. Saying otherwise is
just because of laziness or ignorance. Linux and MAC are just not popular
systems and so haven't been attacked They are full of holes too, but why
bother attacking them when they are only 10% of the market? I admit I have
not used Firefox, but my neighbor (a computer illiterate who was told to use
it by a computer Cog Noscenti) had all sorts of problems (couldn't get
anything to work) until I straightened it out for him. It seemed no better
than IE(admittedly this was the only time I worked with Firefox)Your
original statement to never use IE indicatesa lack of knowledge of either
the non-knowledgeable user or a totally egocentric attitude. I have
programmed computers since 1969, and the MAC/Windows argument just reminds
me of the Betamax/VCR problem. I am now putting on my flame retardant
helmet. Flame on.  Oh wait... the helmet fell off don"t reply too soon ...
oh no..... ahggggg!!!
the former larrry Mason ---- Original Message -----