[Farmall] Generator/regulator update; and now what??

John Paur johnjanpaur2 at directcon.net
Thu Sep 7 16:43:01 PDT 2006

Dean,  One problem with those systems is the ground.  The light/charge
regulating switch grounds to the switch box cover which grounds to the
switchbox which grounds through the steering post back thru the frame etc.
to the generator which is also grounded to/thru the voltage regulator.
Check that all those places where the ground must travel are making good
contact.  Two of the most troublesome ones are the regulator frame where it
is fastened to the generator with two screws and the switch box cover making
good contact with the switchbox.  In those two places paint often prevents
good contact of the metals.  See if that helps.   John