[AT] tractor wreck

Ed Stewart edstewart1 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 24 15:20:28 PDT 2006

Capyneb, I have to agree with you.. I grew up on a farm and worked on a
big dairy farm here in PA. I drove equipment all over the place between
farms and fields. In the 80's and 90's I ran a truck leased to a big
highway construction company I spent several years working on Interstate
80 across PA. Every accident I ever saw  while there was the fault of
people driving way to fast usually well beyond the posted speed limit
being unable to stop. Now a cop sits in construction zones and the fine
is quadrupled in you get caught.  Just last evening a Amish family in a
buggy was hit in the rear on a secondary road near here, it had a slow
vehicle placard and two large flashing red lights on the backend.. The
whole family was life flighted. I would not want to be in the shoes Of
the driver who rear ended them. In PA you must have your vehicle under
your control at all times and be able to stop before hitting anything.
If you do hit someone you are 100% liable for the accident, no if ands
or buts. The area here is very hilly and you must use caution when going
over a knob because there can be anything just out of your sight. I
myself have not had a problem with this in my 45 years of driving. If
people are in that big of hurry, they should have left yesterday.