[Farmall] 90-degree distributor drives

Al Jones aljones at ncfreedom.net
Sun Sep 24 13:02:39 PDT 2006

I think the 90 deg. Distributors were Delco units, made to convert
magneto ignition tractors over to battery ignition. They were available
for several makes of tractors. I may be wrong but I believe these were
OEM for a lot of AC tractors with battery ignition.  The inline
distributors were genuine IH, offered either on the tractor when new, or
in an IH package to convert from magneto to battery ignition.

I prefer the looks of the IH unit, though I expect the Delco's may be
easier to change /service points.

Al