[AT] tractor wreck

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 24 05:22:57 PDT 2006

A friend of mine got sideswiped by a tractor- trailer the other day on a 4
lane highway about a mile from my house. The road was straight and the
trucker would have been able to see him for over 3/4 mile. They never have
found one of the rear tires off the tractor---think it rolled off in a briar
patch/woods. Punctured lung, broke ribs, broken verterbrae in his neck etc.
He's in ICU and appears to be there for a while. The trip he was taking took
about an hour on his tractor--he was changing farms to mow hay. I know it
could happen anywhere at anytime but I somewhat believe this is to blame on
practically no agriculture left in our area and drivers just not expecting
to run up on something driving going 17mph. To those of you who have to get
out on the road with you tractors be careful.

John Hall