[AT] Hi-crop Cats?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Sep 17 03:16:44 PDT 2006

There was a small tractor show 10/16 in Hillsboro NJ, and Wayne Smith
took some images that he put up on his Fotki album. There were some nice
looking tractors and trucks, but the one that caught my eye was of a
couple of "Hi crop" Caterpillar crawlers. One is a Fifteen and the other
somewhat smaller. I have never seen anything like that before. The image
can be seen at <http://public.fotki.com/SmithFarms/shows/100_3478.html>.

I suppose they might have been common on the West Coast, but I can't
even imagine what kind of use they would have around here.

The weather was damp, and the ground was muddy, so the event was poorly
attended, but it looks like the exhibitors had fun. Wayne said the
earthmoving types had a big pile of dirt they were pushing up and then
leveling.

Mike
--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

War is so unjust and ugly that all who wage it must try to
stifle the voice of conscience within themselves.
-Leo Tolstoy, novelist and philosopher (1828-1910)