[AT] OT - Spyware problems

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Thu Sep 14 07:36:22 PDT 2006

What a pain!
Linux has some real good points especially if your use for the PC is
basic web browsing and email - lots of other things get a little more
complicated as finding Linux programs to interface with a digital
camera, etc might be a problem.  The learning curve is pretty steep for
more than the basics but I really like Fedora Core - don't use it on my
main computer because I haven't found driver programs for transferring
photos and for the same for my video camera.
Also check out www.trendmicro.com .  They have an online scanner
(housecall) that does a really good job of detecting and removing
viruses and spyware (I've even had it remove things other programs
couldn't handle - and it's free.  Being online it won't give constant
protection but it is a good back up for when you are having trouble with
some crap or you just want a second opinion.

David
NW NC