[AT] electrical aid

JParks jkparks at flash.net
Tue Sep 12 14:44:50 PDT 2006

I could use some help in this area for sure.   The limit of my vehicle
electrical knowledge barely extends beyond reading the plusses and minuses
on top of a battery.

I want to remove a generator (with remote regulator) from a crawler loader I
have and replace it with a one wire, built in regulator alternator, which I
fortunately have on hand. (mounting brackets and pulley is the same) I would
of course like to run it through the ammeter on the dash.

So.........my question is: Starting from the wire on the back of the
alternator, where do I run the wire so that I can charge the battery and
have the amperage gauge indicate proper charging.  Simple enough, for you
guys maybe, but keep it that way for me too.  Consider this an "Elektricity
for the Compleat Idiot" primer.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

John Parks
Boise, ID