[Steam-engine] Another Whazzit

Eric Applegate eric at glassactonline.com
Sun Sep 10 05:44:49 PDT 2006

Hi Rick.
I think what you have is a pump that was use to inject the feed water chemicals into the boiler.  Can you tell the bore and stroke?  If that is the case the water side should be smaller than the steam side and if that is true it should work fine for your purpose.

BTW the Victor Co. was known for building ammonia compressors for early cooling systems.

Eric

G'day all;
  This little pump approx. 9 inches long showed up the other day.  Casting
marks are "Victor" on one end and "Water" on the other.  It does run very
well on air.

  Victor on gaggle reveals there's an Edelbrock "Victor" water pump made for
car engines and so does ebay...not even close.

  Anyone have a clue what this little jewel was used for?  We're hoping
possibly it could be used to inject feedwater for the boiler, preheater
added after the fact.