[Farmall] glass jar air cleaners and original tractors

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 10 05:19:41 PDT 2006

Saw something  funny at a show last week that I believe has been mentioned
here before but is worth a laugh to mention again. There was a nicely
restored small Rumely with a "fruit jar" air cleaner. The owner had dropped
a toy Waterloo Boy inside. Got to admit a Farmall M with and JD A inside
would draw some chuckles!!!

Maybe its just me but of all the nicely restored IHC machines there, the red
tractor that caught my eye wasn't even red. I Could barely find any trace of
paint on it. It was hands down the rustiest M I had ever seen. Aside form
never seeing a shed this tractor was pristine. The only thing missing was
the fuel cap for the starting tank. The only dent I could find was one of
the grill bars in the piece you removed for plowing/cultivating. A few of
the declas wre still visible. I hope they leave this one alone.

John Hall