[Ford-ferguson] Removing pistons on Fordson

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Mon Oct 30 08:44:16 PST 2006

  G'day all;
 Here's a process for removing a piston that worked for me.  Hydraulic
method using a small hydraulic pump and braided steel line.

   I made the gasket out of annealed 10 ga. wire by inserting a piston
halfway into the cylinder and taking two wraps around the piston.  I then
soldered the wraps together.  Steel plate is ~ 9/16".  I was lucky one
piston wasn't stuck.  As you'll see in the pictures, the wire flattened out
nicely.

   I filled the cylinder to the top with old used oil, installed the gasket
and plate, torqued it down, bled the air out and began to pump fresh oil
into the cylinder.  Didn't take too much pressure to break the piston loose
and by refilling the reservoir was able to completely remove the piston(s)

  Pixs at:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/553004984dhpqxM?start=72

  This really worked slick!!

  RickinMt.