[AJD] OT Opinions on buying parts

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Fri Oct 27 08:18:37 PDT 2006

I just bought a handful of a special connector for my motorcycle for the
same reason.   I only needed one (80 cents) but the minimum order is $10
I have no problem doing this and I suspect most others do not.   John
Dealers have typically been helpful.  I bought a transmission bearing for a
John Deere B and the dealer bent over backward to cross reference part
numbers that were in one of the books wrong.  This took they a couple hours
to straighten out   Greg Stephens dealership has also been tremendously
helpful in the past too.   If anyone needs anything they should check with
him first

In short, my dealer experiences have been pretty good and while I have run
across a few individuals at the parts counter you could tell didn't relish
the though of dealing with old parts, most did so in a reasonably helpful
spirit.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!