[AT] 4020's coming back?

Dave Ernst dadadidi at cccomm.net
Mon Oct 23 16:42:51 PDT 2006

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=3009545&a=32335414

Here are a few pictures that show what I'm up to. The block is currently in
the machine shop getting hot tanked and cam bushings installed. The rods
will have the wrist pins fitted there also.
Now, open for discussion.
The tractor has 14,000 hours on it.
I bought the I&T manual and followed the transmission test proceedures. Step
one was to determine transmission operating pressure with the criteria being
between 140-160 psi.
The pressure is 140 psi, and the book says it can be increased by adding
shims which I will do. There are several clutch and brake packs and any
particular gear activates different clutch and brake packs. The test is to
determine pressure loss in each clutch/brake pack(s) in each individual
gear. 15 psi is the maximum loss acceptable and then repair is recommended.
The worst case scenario in any gear sequence I found is 5 psi. Mostly 2-3
psi.
Given these circumstances and the usage I described previously, what would
you do?

Dave in Nevada