[AT] 4020's coming back?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Oct 20 10:57:13 PDT 2006

Dave Ernst wrote:..
> What is really suprising is the power shift transmission is still in
> good condition and will remain untouched. This tractor has 14,162 hours
> on it. This tractor is a pretty good testament as to how well they were
> built.  It looks pretty forlorn sitting there broken in half with the
> engine out sitting upside down on a bench. I'll post some pictures if
> someone wants.

Pictures would be great Dave. Your experience sounds typical of a lot of
the  20 series tractors up here. That power shift transmission was a
close to indestructible as a tractor transmission could be from what I
hear. I just hope the 18 speed power shift in my CIH 7130 tractor has as
much longevity. 5100 hours and so far, so good.

Ralph in Sask.