[AT] 4020's coming back?

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Fri Oct 20 08:45:26 PDT 2006

Dave pictures are always welcome I'm sure you will know what would interest
this group.  Even though a lot of people were disappointed when Deer came
out with the new generation tractors, they probably still hold the title for
the most tractors sold of any series. Our 3020 LP Powershift that lived with
us for about 25 years had roughly 6,600 hours when we sold it this year. I
do miss the powershift, but the shuttle shift on the new Kioti works good.

H. L.

On 10/20/2006 9:45:33 AM, Dave Ernst (shop at cccomm.net) wrote: > Speaking of
such, > I'm in the middle of rebuilding an old 4020 of mine. It > was
purchased new in the family in 1966. This is the first time it has had > any
major work and still running when it came into the shop. The head > received
new exhaust valves and one guide, done by the local machine shop. > No. 2
piston is scored slightly, otherwise all cylinders were suprisingly > dry.
New piston and liner kit ordered as well as a new front axle assembly. >
This tractor worked for years loading hay and silage and has had a terrible
> amount of hard work bordering on abuse. We actually have broken the axle
in > half more than once. 0 degree cold starts on winter mornings with
engine > loaded with so much either you'd > think the head was going to blow
off..... > What is really suprising is the power shift transmission is still
in good > > condition and will remain untouched. This tractor has 14,162
hours on it. > > This tractor is a pretty good testament as to how well they
were built. > It > looks pretty forlorn sitting there broken in half with
the engine out > sitting upside down on a bench. > I'll post some pictures
if someone wants. > > BTW I must have missed out on the diatribe as Outlook
Express' > block sender > list really works....... > > Dave in Nevada