[Farmall] Farmall Travelall (Colorado)

Bob Currie tractors at foothill.net
Thu Oct 19 09:38:05 PDT 2006

Speaking of THT's, the last one I did took me over the same highway Mike.
Snowin' like hell at the Eisenhower tunnel. We were hauling an F-12
Waukesha and an F-14 from Nick Foster's place in Iowa. Since I was headed
west and lookin' at that long down grade, I thought it best to pull over
there by the tunnel, and flip a coin so as to make an educated decision
whether to start down or wait it out..Came up heads, so I checked all the
chain binders real good, put a wad of gum in my mouth as a stress reliever
and took off. Made it down that long, long grade with no slipping or
sliding..and as I remember Greg, spent the night in Glenwood Springs at a
motel along the Aspen Highway, couple miles south of I-70. We had a very
nice dinner at a place there on the River, west side of the road. And I'll
also mention Greg, there is some beautiful country right there in that
area. Although, doing 2700 miles in 4.5 days pulling a trailer is out of my
league, I know it doesn't even phase my cheese head buddies cause they live
on cheezits and ho ho's, and if they cut a finger, WD-40 drips out instead
of blood.

bobcurrie