[AT] Step one: Stop being an idiot

Richard Fink Sr nancydick at pennswoods.net
Sun Oct 1 05:52:47 PDT 2006

Will i had one some what like these. Son has a 72 nova i think 283 engine.
Had exhaust leak bad y pipe so we replaced it. he went to votec to pick up
his brother coming home it started running bad longer he went worse it got
till it stopped completey. called me and we towed it home try to start it
and it sounded like timing was off. So we replaced the timing chain re set
dist. Run about 5 seconds quit. Had a good mechanic come in and check our
work every thing ok. It took 4 days trying different things off an other
running car still nothing. Was sitting eating supper when it hit me told
son go out and loosen that  y pipe at manifold and try it, Pipe had swelled
shut where the two come together. put on another y pipe and it ran great
for years.
Tractor part worked on it in same garage that soon housed old tractors.
ain't life great
R Fink
PA