[Steam-engine] GA Altman Taylor

Andrew tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
Thu Nov 30 14:50:33 PST 2006

Wow,
That's pretty crazy, i'd bet the guy probably didn't use boiler plate for
those repairs either. Even if the rest of the boiler was in good shape in
my opinion the only correct way to make the repair is to replace the
entire firebox and stays which is not cheap. I would never buy an engine
before I would've had a chance to inspect it for that reason. Anytime you
see stays welded in the firebox it should be investigated...

tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
engineering at andrew2.netpluscom.com
b10730 at hotmail.com