[AT] Pioneer Village. Minden, Ne

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed Nov 29 05:30:04 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
 LOL!  BTDT several times, Gene.  Pioneer Village is a treasure for lovers
of
old iron.  Farmer just "thinks" he lives at TMCOTKU.

Larry

	Hi Larry:
	Actually "Robinson Manor"   ;-)    is now about 10 tons lighter iron wise
than it was this spring. It is also well over a ton lighter of misc. "stuff"
including maybe about a ton of old magazines, catalogs, and phonebooks and
about anything else my mother squirreled back (in the house) over the years.
We haven't even gotten a good start on the attic rooms nor the basement
rooms.
	I hope that before spring that the place will be another 10 tons lighter
iron wise but I am waiting for the New Madrid Fault to adjust to the weight
shift first.   ;-)
	I also need to remove a couple of tons of "stuff" from the three barns, the
tool shed and several small outbuildings.
	Most of the now missing iron was mostly removed by a young fellow that
stopped buy and talked right about buying it and was willing to clean
everything up as he went instead of just wanting to pick and choose the best
stuff and leave the rest like some others that stopped by. I didn't get rich
from it but I weighed what he paid (in advance) against my cutting it up
(cutting cost + labor) and hauling cost and time. I also considered the
possibility of personal injury (not only do I not like pain, it can be
costly), possible damage to equipment, and the possible cost of a tangle
with the DOT as well as the distinct possibility of cutting up one or more
tires at the salvage dealer's lot.
	Letting someone else do all that work made sense to me.   ;-)   Besides, we
are still involve in "the never ending move from hell" and catching up some
other stuff. Having two mothers in nursing homes takes more time than one
might think too. It's always something.
	Once I get rid of that second 10 tons I can go to some auctions and buy
some more "stuff"...   ;-)   I am hoping to pick up a bred mare or two soon.
That will be well over a ton...

--
"farmer"

The brave may not live forever but the easily frightened may never live at
all.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net