[AT] Oliver colors & other details

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Nov 26 11:57:56 PST 2006

Alan Nagel wrote:
> Thanks to Ralph and Danny for comments on Super 55 Oliver colors, I
> think you're both right but continue to wonder if some S55's didn't come
> with red wheels.  (Mine are distinctly red, that familiar deep brown-red
> we all know so well.)
>
> For further information, the Floyd Co. Iowa Historical Society and
> Museum has the following in its collections.

Alan, thats a good site, needs a few more pictures though. One picture
did catch my eye, a familiar sight. The big old Hart Parr tractor is
almost a twin to one we have here in Sask. It has been restored to
working condition and was being used for the threshing demonstration at
the Motherwell Homestead historic park. Quite the sight to see the guys
cranking that big flywheel over to start it.
http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/sk/motherwell/visit/tour1_e.asp
for a virtual tour.

Ralph in Sask.