[AT] Oliver colors & other details

Alan Nagel alan-nagel at uiowa.edu
Sun Nov 26 11:10:13 PST 2006

Thanks to Ralph and Danny for comments on Super 55 Oliver colors, I think
you're both right but continue to wonder if some S55's didn't come with red
wheels.  (Mine are distinctly red, that familiar deep brown-red we all know
so well.)

For further information, the Floyd Co. Iowa Historical Society and Museum
has the following in its collections.  Note the quiet mention of "motion
picture films"--this is a large collection of advertising, informational
(for dealers and mechanics), celebratory, and other films pertaining to
Oliver (and to Fiat).  I've not explored them, but the Society has a
complete list available (though not on the website that I can find).

The following from their website, http://www.floydcountymuseum.org/

The Floyd County Museum's collections include:
Hart-Parr / Oliver / White Collection
Contains company history files, annual reports, company photographs,
negatives and slides, union records (United Auto Workers union, Local
1415), motion picture films, technical manuals, blueprints, sales
literature, artifacts from the factory and
<http://www.floydcountymuseum.org/fchs2-a.html>tractors produced in the
Charles City, Iowa, plant. Collection spans 1889-1995.
Note: Original and reprinted manuals are for sale as well as Oliver motion
picture films transferred to video tape. Please visit our
<http://www.olivertractormanuals.org>For Sale: Historic Tractor Manuals Web
site for further information, or call the Museum.

Alan