[AT] RE: Fairbanks Morse FM single cylinder type J Problems?

Jack Green jgreen at whsun1.wh.whoi.edu
Mon Nov 20 11:12:44 PST 2006

HelloWill,
I have a Frazer tiller. Two in fact.  They start pretty well if all is
in good order.  I think you're on the right track suspecting the mag.  I
had to have mine rebuilt.   Also the gas oil mix called for is pretty
heavy and will easily foul the plug if it doesn't start readily.  As I
recall the carb is maybe a Tillotson and a lot of them were replaced
with  a Zenith such as the Gravely model L used.   Somewhere I have a
manual for the tiller.  Send me an email if you need the technical specs
timing info etc.
Good luck,
Jack