[Steam-engine] Gauge adjustment.

Ken Hough k4sb at niia.net
Sat Nov 18 17:09:05 PST 2006

The hair spring holds it against the pin. This removes all slop in the
gear train.
The issue here that has a trained, qualified and bonded repairman done the
work inside the gage before the needle is replaced? I'm qualified to do
this work having trained in the US Navy how to. But I'm not bonded. I
contacted my insurance company to find out about getting bonded. They
referred me to the Hartford Ins. Co. Contacting them I was informed that
bonding is very similar to being certified to weld on a boiler. Lots of
paper-work and lots in yearly premiums.
Ken

  Once the needle is off, what's the proper proceedure for putting it back
on?  Is slop allowed in any of the linkages?  Ours has a lot in one place
by the tube.

TIA,
RickinMt.