[Steam-engine] Gauge adjustment.

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 17 13:30:22 PST 2006

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will respond
also.  To put the pointer back on I would position it
pointing where it needs to be (ex: 100psi if on a dead
weight tester set to 100) and press it on gently as
straight as possible with your fingers.  I would say
the slop is to be avoided in the linkages.  I think
that it is usually corrected by reaming the holes and
using a larger pin to tighten up the connection. Clock
makers will have the tools and skills needed for this
part.

--- Richard Strobel <Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com> wrote:

>   Once the needle is off, what's the proper
> proceedure for putting it back
> on?  Is slop allowed in any of the linkages?  Ours
> has a lot in one place by
> the tube.
>
> TIA,
> RickinMt.

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre