[Steam-engine] Gage adjustment

Ken Hough k4sb at niia.net
Wed Nov 15 15:06:24 PST 2006

Andy
I can could set your gage.
I set them for 10-25-50-100-150-200-250-300
They will be dead on at those pressures.
However due to liability I can not. You just don't "set the needle"
That's negligence and a disservice to you. They must be dead weight tested
at those pressures.
Then retested and adjusted till the needle is accurate at all pressures.
See ebay for dead weight tester. As you've seen in a gage there is a hair
spring, sector gears and adjustable fulcrum. All these must be in balance
to work properly. If you see a gage with solder on the tube, use it as a
paper weight. When I get done with a gage if its 32 lbs on the gage its
32PSI in the boiler. Theres only one way to do it and that's correctly
over a range.
Ken H
google instrument testers. Cost is usually 125.00-400.00