[Steam-engine] Gauge adjustment.

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 06:50:48 PST 2006

Thanks for the tips on gauge adjustment.  Mr Stark is
the one who set the needle to be accurate at 100psi.
I will have to ask him if he can correct the error at
low pressure.  I met Mr Archer at Steam School a
couple of years ago.  I got the feeling that he wanted
to get away from repairing gauges but it might be
worth a call to make sure. This gauge is in great
condition it just needs to be properly adjusted.  Who
knows where I can get the puller needed to remove the
needle?

--- Richard Strobel <Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com> wrote:

> Here's the only gauge repairman that I have listed,
> Andy.  My friend Corky
> called a guy the other day and he said due to
> liability, he has stopped
> repairing...may be this guy..not sure:
>

> Mace Archer
> phone 620-221-3271
>
> Address:
> 16430 Us Highway 160
> Winfield, KS 67156-7526
>
> Good Luck,
> RickinMt.
> PS: We have the same problem with our gauge.  We
> were VERY lucky that the
> indicating needle just fell off.  Further
> investigation reavealed a worn
> linkage(?) and the needle wouldn't move until the
> slop was taken up.

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN

Sponsored Link