[AT] Spam/Phish> OT...... email courtesy

JParks jkparks at flash.net
Tue Nov 14 11:41:30 PST 2006

I sometimes have to do that...(send a test message to individuals wanting
large downloads.)  This is to make sure that the e mail address they have
given me is accurate and to verify that what I send isn't going into a junk
mail box due to his filters.  When that happens they usually call me and
tell me they never received the files.

I am still stuck with a little land line and sending several Mb's takes a
long time.  Having to send these files more than once also tests my
patience.  I had one guy last weekend tell me he wasn't sure of his email
address.  It was either xxx.ca or xxx.com, he could "never remember which,"
so I sent him a test message to both addresses, and never got a reply from
either so he was probably further off in his guesses than he thought!  I am
no longer surprised by how many people give me wrong e mail addresses.
Often I just tell them to send me an email, so I can just hit "reply" and if
that is too much trouble for them, then I figure they don't need the
information bad enough for me to waste my time.

John