[AT] Re: NAA Grader Blade - Instant gratification

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Nov 10 21:27:20 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----

Hey Farmer, if the governor has his way, it looks like you may be living
next to a toll road around Indianapolis.  Whoopteedoo! Larry

We have been watching that one pretty close... That is "supposed" to go
about 4 miles north west of the farm. I hope it stays up there.
They are also in the early stages of running a huge cross-country natural
gas pipeline through just about the same distance south of the farm. They
are building a local bypass right now (my road has been closed about a week)
that will pass within a half mile of the north west corner of the farm. 1500
houses are being constructed on both sides of that bypass and the Garst
Seeds research farm I used to manage about a mile across the field from me
is being dug up all over and will have 2 lakes and a herd of new houses.
That is in addition to the 1500 new houses we already knew about. The new
Honda plant going up about 15 - 16 miles southeast of us has construction
crews working 24-7 ripping up 1200 acres of farm land. I now understand that
a second plant is going up there next to it for another company that is a
vendor for Honda. I spend a lot of time looking over my shoulder for fear of
getting a house dropped on me, Wizard of OZ style, while I work. A railroad
clips the corner of the farm that is on "the list" for an upgrade to a 150
MPH line. God only knows where that will end up since they also are talking
bypassing the city with it. Next to it is an old traction line right of way,
which we acquired back some years ago, but it has a power company right of
way on it that is still used. We have an old AT&T long line right of way
across the farm and a few years ago they put a fiber optic line in next to
it. Some years  ago they were set to run a huge feeder power line across the
south end of the farm but they found a bunch of bad concrete in the nuclear
plant they were building down on the Ohio and quit that one (for now).
Another company wants to drill for natural gas on the farm but I'm balking
over the wording that would also give them the right to drill for oil, dig
for coal, copper, diamonds, chocolate chip cookies or anything else... They
are also allowed to come in and buy rights then just resell them to anybody.
No thanks.
Remember back when you could just farm???

--
"farmer"

The brave may not live forever but the easily frightened may never live at
all.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net