[AT] O.T. - Sunday road trip & stuff

jfgrant jfgrant at triton.net
Mon May 1 15:41:38 PDT 2006

George, thank you for your reply. As long as I have been able to attend
Portland I have provided a display, paid extra donations for electricity,
donated items for the auction, helped clean up in the area I had camped, et.
I am NOT asking for special camping, just to be treaded as MANY others are
and have been. As you know already, special campsites can't be reserved.
You state, "As Gene pointed out it's necessary to have a reason the club
understands to receive special consideration.  What's yours?"
I have been the third or fourth in the line up at the gate for the first
rush to secure a camping spot. Once entry to the grounds you could expect to
see that well over 3/4 of the power available camping spots had already been
reserved by members for themselves as well as friends etc. If it can be done
for/by some, why not others? I don't disagree that those members who work
many hours with little or no thanks should be allowed to reserve a camping
spot for themselves. But, and here is where I start to disagree, not for
their entire family, friends and others.
I live some distance and do not know anyone who lives close enough to secure
me a spot on the "oklahoma" camping spot rush. I know that our friends from
Canada have spots reserved and others as well.
 PLEASE don't take this as sour grapes but as we all age we are not able to
contribute as before. I am willing to make a good donation to know that a
camp site is available for me where I had camped for years but this has been
rejected.  End result, we can't enjoy Portland any more. Well what's one
camper some will say. Well we all may be in the same situation some day.
 I wish ALL of you who are able to attend a great and good show and enjoy
the fruits of the labor of those who used to attend. Regards to all,  John
Grant