[AT] Planting corn today

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Tue May 30 10:02:53 PDT 2006

	I need to plant my big corn crop this afternoon...   <(^¿^)>
	I have the planter attached to the Super MTA so I can plant 4 rows of indian corn
(color corn to some folks) about a 1/4 mile long. It is almost as much work planting
that patch as it is to plant a field... The difference is that it pays many many
times better than field corn...   <(^¿^)>
	I disked the plot yesterday with son Scott's Oliver 1755 and his John Deere 15'
disk. I was going to use my John Deere 4020 and my IHC 16' disk but the 4020 battery
was down so I just put a charger on it and let it sit. I try to put a float charger
on it for a week at a time now and then but things have been so screwed up I forgot
this spring.
	This has been about the first this spring? that the plot was dry enough to disk. we
are not getting rain every day now like we were but it still is not going much more
than 3 days between rains. At least the last couple were light. The fellow I rented
the grain acreage to still has not been able to plant anything here yet. The guy
across the back fence finally got to no-till some corn yesterday.
	As soon as I get that indian corn planted I will probably put the 6' bush-hog on
the Super M and start cutting some areas of tall stuff. Of course it is supposed to
rain again later this afternoon and it is starting to look like it already...   :-(

--
"farmer"

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack
me at once.   <(^¿^)>

Refurbished Shopsmith's
Good used SPT's
http://www.indiana-robinson.0catch.com/