[AT] Yanmar steering bearings - update

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Tue May 30 09:41:41 PDT 2006

	I finally got around to pulling the bearing races out of the Yanmar steering gear
this morning and sure enough they had a number in the edge. They were NSK VBT17Z-2.
We called National Automotive here in town first because there is little that I can
not get there, usually for less than other places. They couldn't get it so we called
NAPA but again no dice. Next we called Kaman's Indianapolis branch and they will
have them in their Indianapolis branch office for me to pickup in one or two days
and for a good bit less than the Texas dealer.
	I've really been chomping at the bit to get it going and see if it handles that
finish mower well enough to suit me. The seller had used it for a number of years
but he also kept his yard mowed quite frequently and he was not mowing nearly as
much as we do. The tractor will gear down to quite low speeds so it should cut about
anything but I don't like to mow at a crawl. If it will cut at an acceptable speed
we should be able to cover ground pretty fast with it and the #$%& CUB both cutting
at once. That will allow us to limit use of the lawn tractor to just the areas
around the houses. I will still have some areas where I will use the 6' bush-hog.

http://www.kamandirect.com/branches.asp

--
"farmer"

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack
me at once.   <(^¿^)>

Refurbished Shopsmith's
Good used SPT's
http://www.indiana-robinson.0catch.com/