[AT] OT Bicycle mechanics.

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Wed May 24 20:31:22 PDT 2006

Real old-timers in retailing can tell you the story of Huffy.  The short
version is: Huffy was having trouble getting their bicycles assembled
correctly so they hired a group of men to travel across the country
doing nothing except assembling them correctly for retailers.  Huffy
came to realize that the assembly service was doing more for the company
than the bicycles themselves and the "Huffy Man" organization was
formed.  They branched out into the assembly functions for a variety of
brands.  The last I heard, Huffy Man was supplying the personnel for the
in-store assembly and initial trouble-shooting for all gas-powered
equipment at Lowes stores.

Larry