[AT] yanmar

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Tue May 23 05:27:25 PDT 2006

On 23 May 2006 at 7:02, JEFFREY PILBEAM wrote:

> http://www.yanmar.com/tractor/pdf/grey_tractor.pdf
>
> Here is what I have from Yanmar. We are a dealer for the construction end of
> it. Also they will be bringing the Yanmar line back to the Us in the next
> few years as far as tractors are concerned.
>

> Jeff Pilbeam

	Thanks for posting that Jeff. It is obvious that their only real concern is liability issues.
	Understandable...
	 It is also obvious that the "safety issues" are all things that almost all of us on this list
 face with our old tractors almost daily. Well, OK, no Japanese decals...    <(^¿^)>
but there were few warning decals and many of those are gone now.
	If I do get this rig I do want to add a ROPS and seat belt to it since it is so narrow.
The seat belt is not something that I would likely be fastening and unfastening as I
climbed off and on moving implements or running a cultivator through the pumpkin patch
but I would be quick to buckle one when mowing in an area with any hillsides or mowing
along a ditch etc.
	My BIL at Pensacola turned one of these (came from an island banana plantation) over
 while bush-hogging an unfamiliar lot. He didn't see a small stump and since he was turning
 at the time the front wheel missed the stump and the rear went up on top of it. He was
lucky... and unhurt but sore.

--
"farmer"

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack
me at once.   :-)

Refurbished Shopsmith's
Good used SPT's
http://www.indiana-robinson.0catch.com/