[AT] HHO

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Mon May 22 10:35:15 PDT 2006

FWIW, the hydrogen welder that I owned (and that is in a local pawn
shop) only uses one hose.  There is a metal catalyst in the tank with
the peroxide.  That causes the peroxide to release its extra hydrogen
and it eventually reverts to water.  The hydrogen goes through a nickel
screen and spontaneously combusts without the presence of oxygen (or was
it some other metal?)  How it does this without consuming the nickel, I
don't remember.  If you search for information on hydrogen thrusters for
spacecraft you'll probably find the process documented.  Like I said, I
got scared of the prospect of blowing myself up, so I took it back for a
refund.

I don't know that the process at the HHO website is the same, but as
George says, it's doubtful that we're looking at a new technology and
the question about using the energy required for converting directly
rather going through the conversion process is legitimate.

For that matter, has anyone done an energy balance on ethanol as a fuel
additive to see how much is being saved through that conversion?  The
last I knew, the laws of thermodynamics have not been repealed.  :-)

Larry