[Ford-ferguson] Draining radiator of Ford-Ferguson 9N

cwi813 at earthlink.net cwi813 at earthlink.net
Sun May 21 15:33:33 PDT 2006

My coolant is dirty and I need to change it. I've got the I&T Shop Service Ford SHOP MANUAL and paragraph 7  (page 13) says, "Check the condition of the coolant. If it is dirty or rusty, drain the radiator and cylinder block and remove the thermostat. Clean and reverse flush the radiator and engine block, and refill with fresh coolant."

How do I do that and where do I drain it from?

It also goes on to say that I should add ethylene glycol antifreeze as it contains additives to inhibit the formation of corrosion and rust, and suggests using distilled water or rain water if the local water contains lots of lime, which mine does.

What else do I need to do? The manual suggests I'm a mechanic, which I'm not.

Thanks.

CJ Wilhelmi

C.J. Wilhelmi
515-278-5937