[AT] Tractor Hauler / Portland mudder...

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sat May 20 04:33:17 PDT 2006

On 20 May 2006 at 2:00, DAVIESW739 at aol.com wrote:

> Farmer,
> A little research tells me  that the truck would be worth E-$2415, G- $2115,
> F-$1690. This was based on a  1986 F-250 but I would suspect that your 78
> would be in the same ball park.  After so many years its all condition, condition,
> condition.
> If you get it  for less than than $1690 I'd say its a good buy.  My neighbor
> and I bought  an F350 with 8X12 flat bed and dual tanks 2 wheel drive with a
> 460 auto  trans.  We paid $1800 I thought that was a very good price for it.
> Just  so you know it will be a terrible gas hog 6 to 8 MPG.
>
> Walt  Davies

	Hi Walt:

	I had already bought it when I posted it. It cost me $1,000. I drove it home
last night and it drives great, runs great. It will need some cleaning up of the wiring
but no big problems yet. One thing that appealed to me was that it was only about 35
miles away.
	Yeah, I figure that it will drink pretty heavy with the big trailer on it but I don't plan
 any long trips. I have had a couple of 400's before. I normally get pretty good milage
 out of most vehicles since I drive with a steady foot and I am also prone to mosey
a bit...   <(^¿^)>
	You are right, after they get a little age on them the year doesn't matter much. It
becomes all about condition.

--
"farmer"

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack
me at once.   :-)

Refurbished Shopsmith's
Good used SPT's
http://www.indiana-robinson.0catch.com/