[AT] tractor fuel efficiency

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun May 14 22:44:41 PDT 2006

John,,, neither river or canal. We call them "sloughs" here. Small
depressions in the land that gather melt water in spring and rain water
through the summer. In a very dry year they will disappear and produce a
good crop of slough hay. But in a year like this one slough fills up and
runs over into the next one so eventually quite a few of normally seeded
acres are under water or too wet to pull an implement through without
getting stuck. I'm hearing some interesting stories of stuck equipment this
spring . Everything from grain and fertilizer trucks to anhydrous
applicators (me on that last one).
We are pretty well unregulated on how close we seed to these sloughs
although I think its a little more critical on a creek or river. The only
restriction I have is on how close I can seed to the water without spinning
out with the tractor and getting stuck.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/